Mediation Border Counties
Welcome to Clones Family Resource Centre’s new low-cost mediation service for counties Cavan and Monaghan
What is Mediation?
Mediation is a voluntary process in which parties to a dispute meet with trained mediators who are neutral and impartial. The parties are empowered to create their own solutions and to work towards a win-win conclusion. Confidentiality is of the essence. Mediation is based on respect and integrity and is a sensitive and compassionate way of settling disputes. It is a proven successful alternative to court proceedings.
What are the Benefits of Mediation?
- It is a professional service of the highest standard
- It is confidential and based on respect and integrity
- It is based on respect and integrity
- It is a compassionate and sensitive way of settling disputes
- The client is fully involved in the process
- No decision is imposed. Your agreement is re quired
- It offers clients choice and control
- Low cost alternative to the legal route
Mediation is not:
- Counselling or marriage guidance
- A legal service
- A financial service
- An advisory service
What Types of Mediation does Clones FRC offer through Mediation Border Counties?
- Family mediation for separating couples
- Family mediation for siblings and other family relationships in conflict
- Community mediation for resolving neighbourhood disputes etc
- Mediation for peace and reconciliation issues in the border area
- Mediation for farm family disputes
All of our highly trained and accredited mediators are registered with the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland, Dublin and engage in continuous personal development to keep their knowledge and skills fully up-to-date to offer the best possible service to clients. All our voluntary mediators are Garda vetted and complete child protection training. To check on the status of our mediators please go to the registered members webpage at www.themii.ie/find-registered-members.jsp
Clones FRC would like to acknowledge the support of the International Fund for Ireland in providing funding to train additional community and family mediators for the current panel of Mediation Border Counties.
Cost of the Mediation Service
Clones Family Resource Centre is a registered charity and does not receive any funding to run our new community and family mediation service. We ask all our clients to make a modest contribution for appointments. Charges for mediation will be discussed with each client seeking the service
How do I make an Appointment?
All that you have to do to make an appointment, or to get further details on our mediation service, is to call Family Resource Centre on 047 52919. Alternatively you may email your details to email@example.com
A staff member will call you back to discuss your requirements with you.